Monday, September 17, 2007

My first night at Ida's Pub (yes, in Tacoma)

Wow, my first night was crazy, fun and a little frustrating (a little).
The karaoke starts at 8:30 and bar time, it's really 8:15.
It's busy already when I get there, lot's of drinkers at the bar. I uncovered the
equipment and turned it on, so it could start warming up. I turned around and
there were 4 people in front of me, all wanting books and slips. It was great!
All I had to do was show up and the customers were all ready for me. Debby
turned the jukebox off and I fired up the karaoke.
We had non-stop karaoke singers for two solid hours. Since the music was
rolling and the beer was flowing, after awhile even people who didn't normally
sing were turning in slips and trying it out-repeat customers are my specialty.
It never ceases to amaze me when customers from other bars I have worked in
make special trips to come sing with me. It's wonderful!
I had 11, yup, 11 people from other bars come in and sing. These are singers
fromPacific Lanes, Midland Tavern, The Valley and one from the Flying Boots,
they just came to say "Hello" and sing a song or two. It was great seeing them
and I hope they come back to see me next week. Hey, time will tell, right?

Labels: