Saturday, April 14, 2007

Lotsa Karaoke Singers Last Night in Tacoma!

Wow! We had some great singers last night! Yeah, there were one or two not so great sounding tunes -but, they get better with practice. I can't say it enough, "The more you sing, the better you sound and the better you sound the louder we clap." (and if you dance -we like that too.)
If you want to sing a song, fill out a karaoke slip with your name, and the song number on it at least........then wait your turn and I will call you to sing. We had one guy, I don't know his name....who kept singing with my filler music-(picture me rolling my eyes)-dude, you might enjoy that and I'm sure you were having fun, but, it's not fair to the rest of the singers. That's why I kept taking the mic away from you. So, anyway....
Sue and Hal came to visit us, it was just awesome! Sue writes for the karaoke and entertainment guide, that's how I met her at Pacific Lanes, man, I love that woman. She is a beautiful, kind, generous soul with a lot of wisdom and love that she shares. One love she shares with us, is Hal, her husband-a professional singer, he has a beautiful robust voice, a pure talent, he's one Tacoma singer you've just got to hear. He brought the house down with several of his songs. The windows were rattling behind me, patrons were leaning over the railing to show their appreciation, smiling, dancing, whistling and calling for encores. There was some major hootin' and hollerin' going on. Hal , always modest, just smiled and returned to his table with Sue. So, with a full house, and a rather large rotation we rolled as fast as we could to get everyone four or five songs in before the night was over. Between, the karaoke and the cha-cha slide, there were plenty of drinks going around, Mitzy and Rico were pouring as fast as they could. They did a great job!!! I don't know how they did so well, but, I saw lotsa tipsy people singing their way home in the backs of those cabs when I was leaving, it cracked me up. There's gonna be more tonight, it's Saturday night! Time for More R&B and Disco, and smooth dancing rythyms -oooh-you know you like it and I know who you are!
(Private note for: Mr. Lonny-I checked on my computer, it's reading just fine. So the problem must be your language button. If you email aol they should be able to send you the directions to change it or fix it for you. Hah! Good Luck.)

That's all for now, bye.

Labels: ,