Saturday, August 25, 2007

At The Valley Tavern - August 17th

I went back to "The Valley" as a Guest Host for the weekend of August 17th and 18th. I was so happy to sing with people I hadn't been able to see in 2 months. I was excited to be there and some of the folks said they only came down because I was there that night. What a huge compliment! Thank you, you guys are awesome.

So I'm giddy with excitement and started rolling the R & B.
I put Rico, the cute bartender, up to sing Purple Rain, and got out a dollar. Rico got the idea when I climbed into a bar stool holding out the dollar (with a hu-u-ge smile on my face). He obliged me by climbing up onto the bar and gyrating in time to the music. I put my dollar in the collar of his shirt. He smiled and nodded at me, all the while singing and dancing. Because the other ladies were on their way to the bar, I got the heck out of the way-(women with money for beefcake will trample anyone between them and the guy!). Keri and Lisa were brazenly stuffing dollars down Rico's pants-he looked surprised, but, delighted (and he was blushing....). Never seen him look so thrilled. They were tugging pretty hard on those pants.......delicious bits....! Whoo-Hoo!
I couldn't look away, but, I was clapping and dancing - yes! Just marveling at the show. I think Rico came away with $13 dollars for his song and dance.
Well he looked happy.

Mona was dancing and shimmying on a chair, lip syncing the song. Ralph enjoyed that show.

Man, what a blast. We had some people who came down for a hug or a song. Mr. Lonny, Kenny, Sara, Janeese, ...Love you, wish I could see you more-we have so much fun!
We got a little nutz, truly showed our joy at partying together, but, come on, it was all in fun. A good time was had by all, -even the people who don't like Karaoke said they were glad they stayed..They're gonna tease Rico now.

Then, on saturday we were mellow, no chair or bar dancing, just straight singing, floor dancing and fellowship.

I can't wait to go back to the Valley.
Thanks you guys for a great weekend!

Labels: ,